►2020/2021 Catechetical Year: On Sunday, October 18th we will begin catechetical classes for the children of our parish. Due to the many restrictions caused by the coronavirus, lessons will take place in the church hall from 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. on Sundays. Children will be required to wear masks during classes. Also, this year we will not have a break for snacks, due to the Covid situation and because classes will last only 45 minutes. Please bring your children on time. Please come to the church hall at 11:25AM.
It is very important that if your child has symptoms of a cold, you don’t bring them to religion class that weekend, or until they feel better.
May the Lord bless our youngest parishioners to have a successful year in our catechetical program and to deepen their faith.
►Дорогі батьки, в наступну неділю розпочинаємо катехитичні уроки для дітей нашої парафії. З огляду на численні обмеження спричинені коронавірусом, уроки будуть відбуватися у церковному залі з 11:30 ранку до 12:15 після обіду. Діти повині носити маски під час зайнять. Також, цього року не будемо мати перекуску, з приводу обмежень через коронавірус, і тому, що уроки триватимуть лише 45 хвилин. Батьки мають подбати, щоб дитина мала із собою власну пляшку води або сік.
Ласкаво прошу привозити своїх дітей навчас, тобто ваша дитина має бути у церковному залі в годині 11:25 зранку, 5 хвилин перед початком уроків. Дуже важливо, якщо ваша дитина має симптоми простуди, будь ласка не привозьте її на катехизацію, а подбайте за її оздоровлення.
Нехай Господь благословить наших найменших парафіян успішно навчатися в нашій катехитичній програмі і поглиблювати їх дитячу віру.
► Gratitude: I would like to thank the Ukrainian Federal Credit on behalf of our parish for donating $2,000 from FHLB Grant that was assigned to be distributed among non-profit organizations and churches to help them deal with financial difficulties caused by the Coronavirus pandemic. We are grateful to the Syracuse branch for considering our church as a beneficiary of this grant. In particular, I would like to thank the branch manager Mrs. Nadia Hayduke for helping with the application process. May God impart on the workers of the Federal Credit Union many blessings!
►The Sacrament of Confession: Due to the Covid-19 restrictions, we cannot use the Confessional for celebrating the Sacrament of Reconciliation. However, this should not prevent our parishioners from not having confession and receive the grace of forgiveness. All those who would like to celebrate this sacrament, please call the parish office to make an appointment. We can meet during the week, or we can meet about 30 minutes before the Liturgies on Saturday evening or Sunday mornings. For any other questions or concerns please call the parish office at (315) 252-5573.
Guidelines for Opening Parish Churches and Resuming Public Services
1. The church should be cleaned/sanitized before each service when the public may be present, especially those areas and surfaces that are commonly used and touched (bathrooms, railings, doors, pew backs, etc.).
2. Social distancing must be observed by laity. Please consider 1/3 of total church capacity as the maximum number of persons that may be present at any given Divine Liturgy or other service. Be aware that in your area the civic authorities may limit the number of attendees to a specific number.
3. Prayer books and liturgy books are to be removed from the pews. The faithful may bring their own personal prayer books from home.
4. Social distancing of 6 feet (2 meters) must be maintained: a) between non-family members while in the pews; b) while standing or moving in the aisles.
5. Wearing face masks is strongly recommended for the laity. Priests are obliged to wear masks while preparing the holy gifts on the Preparation table and while distributing Holy Communion.
6. Veneration of icons and crosses by should be done without touching or kissing them.
7. The faithful are not to attend church services if they are feeling ill. They should not greet one another with handshakes and should leave the church immediately following the completion of the service.
8. Please remind the faithful that because of the ongoing public health crisis, they are not bound by the Sunday obligation to attend church services. Dispensation from Sunday Liturgy obligation remains valid until further notice.
9. When distributing Holy Communion with a golden spoon please instruct those who choose to receive to open their mouths wide, not to touch the spoon, and not to cough or sneeze upon it. The spoon must be sanitized immediately after each communicant by wiping it with a cloth soaked in pure alcohol. A disposable wooden spoon may also be used for distributing Holy Communion. A separate wooden spoon is to be used for each communicant. They should be disposed of following the service by burning. Please remind the faithful that they should not feel obliged to come forward for Holy Communion if they are uneasy about receiving.
10. Celebrations of weddings, baptism and funerals are allowed if all the precautions listed above are observed.
11. Collections baskets are to be left in designated places where parishioners may leave their offerings.
12. Live-streaming of liturgical services should continue for the time being as many faithful might be uneasy in attending personally.
13. Please consider other precautionary measures to help ensure that our churches are safe and everyone’s good health is maintained.
Hopefully, these guidelines will help you in resuming liturgical life in our parishes. Please take the opportunity to thank our wonderful faithful for their constant dedication to God, their service to those in need, and their continued material support of our Eparchy and parishes.
Sincerely in the Risen Christ,
Most Rev. Paul Chomnycky, OSBM
Bishop of Stamford